Your Foreign Language Translation Library Is A Hidden Asset
If you’re responsible for the growth of your association membership and/or the improvement of member services, a significant opportunity may be available for you. You can monetize one of your most important assets — your industry-specific terminology and knowledge — by building a foreign language translation library. This multilingual glossary enables members to enhance their translations with augmented intelligence.
This can help members to save significantly on foreign language translations. It’s a process they encounter all the time if they’re doing business in non-English speaking countries. And who isn’t these days?
Here’s what typically happens:
- A member company needs to translate its product documentation, promotional content, advertising, Web site, contracts, or other essential communications related to their business.
- They engage a translation company and pay the going rate to translate EVERY WORD of their content. And they pay too much.
- If they expect to do a number of translation projects, they might work with their language service provider to build a library of the most commonly used words, terms, and expressions which are particular to their business and, most likely, to their industry.
- On subsequent projects, this library serves as a repository of already translated terms. This means your member will save time and money by not having to translate the same words again.
Now, imagine that instead of building a library of already translated terms on their own, one project at a time, members benefit from referencing a massive library of words, terms, and expressions across your entire industry or association? It would include terms they may not have thought about yet, but ones that have proven important to other members who are more advanced in their business.
And imagine if this massive industry library of relevant terms was set up and owned by your association? How much would that be worth to you each year in member retention and acquisition? It could be a standard benefit for everyone, or you could monetize it further by offering it as a premium service.
How would you go about setting up such a valuable library? You would talk to us. We’ve been in the translation business for 50 years — serving major Fortune 100 and AmLaw 100 clients for decades. And we’ve been building and managing sometimes massive proprietary libraries for almost all of them. We offer:
- the technology (including machine, neural, and human translation);
- the know-how (including fluency in 120+ languages and cultures, and a carefully screened and tested network of 7,500 translators);
- and the experience (including 50 years of service and 6 quality and cost options).
Finally, your data will be secure. Any library we create for you will be proprietary to your association and the members to whom you provide access. No one else will access your data. Our ISO 27001 certification in information security management guarantees it.
Monetize your industry knowledge for your members, and your association, today.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Linguistic Systems uses a combination of advanced proprietary technology and 7,500 skilled, certified translators to deliver high-quality translations in 120+ languages. With 50 years and billions of words of experience serving 25,000 clients, you can trust us to build your foreign language translation library.