TRANSLATION SERVICES FOR MEDICAL
Linguistic Systems has been a premier provider of translation services for hospitals, healthcare organizations, medical insurers, medical device manufacturers, pharmacies, and drug makers for 50+ years.
The need to serve patients and other constituents in multiple languages is now essential, whether your business is international or primarily in the US. Non-English speaking patients have migrated from all over the world, and their need for precise medical guidance in their native language is paramount. In critical situations, it may mean life-or-death for a patient. And it can mean the difference between being sued or not for your organization.
Linguistic Systems and Ai Translate by LSI™ can help. We offer more than 50 years of experience serving medical organizations. We leverage our carefully curated network of 7,500 expert translators — 70% hold advanced or doctoral degrees.
The people assigned to your translation projects have at least 3 years of professional translation experience, native fluency in the subject field and target language, and in-country cultural experience.
Linguistic Systems also holds current ISO certifications in Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001), Translation Quality Management (ISO 17100), and Information Security Systems (ISO 27001).
Medical translations require exact accuracy. So the vast majority of our medical translation work is done by expert human translators — in particular, those with medical experience and degrees. Because of exacting requirements for accuracy, statistical and neural machine translation are appropriate for only certain types of projects. Linguistic Systems’ process for medical translations relies on 3 knowledge-driven components.
- Translation and review by highly knowledgeable, subject-matter and language experts in your required medical field. Many of our translators are doctors and PhDs. Careful attention is paid to medical specialties and procedures.
- Development of translation memory and glossaries to ensure consistent use of industry-standard (and your proprietary) medical terminology.
- A second review by independent language experts in combination with your in-house experts.
Healthcare has become international, even if you’re doing business in one country. That’s because patients are now from all over the world and their native languages are often not English. Linguistic Systems has been helping leading healthcare organizations to better communicate with their diverse constituents for decades.
Medical and surgical device manufacturers face many challenges when pursuing government approval and market share internationally. Linguistic Systems can help to ensure success via expert medical translation services for operating manuals, Development Safety Update Reports (DSURs), Safety Data Sheets (SDS), product packaging inserts, and more.
Medical insurers enable the physical, emotional, and financial health of their constituents. But lack of clarity in foreign language insurance applications, coverage agreements, claims, and provider instructions can put patients and insurers at great risk. Linguistic Systems helps medical insurers to be contractually precise in multiple languages.
Patient instructions, industry regulations, and medical best practices are always being updated. But with a growing percent of US households speaking a language other than English at home, patients and hospitals are at increased risk if foreign language communications are inaccurate or wrong. Linguistic Systems has 7,500 carefully vetted translators who offer significant expertise in numerous medical fields.
As a pharmacy network or drug manufacturer, you face increasing requirements to educate patients in native language. Patient instructions, package inserts. medication warnings, and promotional messages are all under scrutiny. Linguistic Systems provides medical and language experts — for both translation (written) and interpreting (oral) — to ensure the accuracy of your foreign language guidance.
MEDICAL: SUBJECTS COVERED
Linguistic Systems can provide expert translation services for any of the following medical specialties.
- Emergency Medicine
- Infectious diseases
- Nuclear medicine
- Obstetrics & gynecology
- And more …
MEDICAL: TRANSLATION EXAMPLES
- Adverse event reports
- Annual reports
- Case report forms (CRFs)
- Clinical protocols
- Clinical trials
- Consumer medical information (CMI) leaflets
- Data sheets
- Denial letters
- Development safety update reports (DSURs)
- Directions for use (DFU)
- Drug registration documentation
- Eligibility notices
- Financial assistance forms
- HIPPA waivers
- Hospital brochures
- Hospital employee manuals
- Hospital reports
- Insurance reports
- Journal articles
- Lab test reports
- Manufacturing process descriptions
- Marketing materials
- Medical records
- Medical safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Modification notices
- Multimedia presentations
- Notice of right to file grievances and appeal
- Operating manuals
- Package inserts and labels
- Patient aftercare instructions
- Patient discharge instructions
- Patient education materials
- Patient information
- Patient medical histories
- Patient records
- Patient recruitment materials
- Patient reported outcomes (PROs)
- Pharmacological studies
- Plan participation forms
- Production manuals
- Product labels
- Quality of life (QOL) measures
- Questionnaires and surveys
- Rater scales
- Regulatory audits
- Regulatory compliance documents
- Research reports
- Scientific journal articles
- Software interfaces
- Suspected unexpected serious adverse reactions (SUSARs)
- Termination of services and benefits
- Toxicology reports
- Transcription translations
- And more …
Whatever your medical translation needs, Linguistic Systems can help. Use the form below to get in touch.
Please provide a few details on your translation project or need, and let us know how we can help. We'll respond quickly to provide a free quote.
If you are a translator, click here to contact us.